Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tremors Got The Best of Her



For almost a decade now, my sister has taken medicine to treat her tremors. The downfall of taking medicine that treats tremors though is that it drastically effects her mood, almost to the point of mania.

The past two years have been the worse for her and my immediate family of 12 members--that was not a typo, I said 12, the number after 11. During the past two years, my sixteen-year-old sister has been in over 11 mental hospitals to treat her outbursts. She was literally a threat to my family, threatening to burn down my dad's house, she previously stole my dad's truck and crashed it, and has tried to jump out of moving vehicles on numerous occassions. The reason I say, "she was literally a threat" to my family is, because she's no longer living with my family.

Nine days ago I received an email from her twin sister informing me she was gone, and wasn't coming back. Her twin exaggerated that last fact. After speaking to my dad, she will either stay in a mental hospital in San Francisco until she's 18 or 21; so for at least two years.

If only embryonic stem cell research was legal, and could be used to treat her disease.

No comments: