Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I Love My Parents... kind of

I love my parents, but they are so freakin stubborn and set in their old ways. Earlier today I was talking to my dad, about how he should have considererd alternative eastern medical practices instead of western medicines when treating my sister's illness, and he said it never occurred to him to research eastern concepts of healing. And then I brought up the possible use of stem cells, and well he completely brushed off the idea.

He, and many other Americans are unwilling to inquire about this science, because they don't understand it, and nor do they want to take the time to research the promise of stem cells. Instead, these non-believers will be like the rest of this country and jump on the bandwagon once a breakthrough occurs, which will likely take place oversees because of our government. It's sad.

I understand realism and wanting to trust facts and proven methods, but apart of me is almost always willing to say, "let's take a chance." That's how progress is made. Am I alone on this?

No comments: